Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 17, 2014

Black History Month 2014

Black History Month began the first day of February and will run until the end of February which is next Friday.  It was started in February 1926 by Carter Woodson as Negro History and later it was renamed as Black History Month.  I intended on featuring some posts on black history before now but due to family reasons I haven't had the chance to write anything.  I might feature a few posts possibly a week after March has started.  I intend on featuring a few before the end of this month.  We'll have to wait and see.  Dr. Ben Carson will be topping off the list of black people I will be featuring this month.  Anybody that pays attention to the news has heard Dr. Carson a number of times on "Hannity" on Fox News and other shows.  He was a former pediatric neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital.  I think he's an inspiration to black people.  He worked very hard and spent numerous hours to be in the situation he's in today.  I really enjoy reading about him.  I recently read a book that he authored entitled, America the Beautiful.  I don't know what direction I may go with Black History Month.  I thought about featuring posts on black inventors and possibly some issues dealing with race.  I'll have to wait and see. 

Carter G. Woodson

No comments:

Post a Comment