Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 7, 2013

In Memory of George Beverly Shea

This Christmas season there are a couple of people I want to pay tribute to that passed away in April of this year.  The first person I want to pay tribute to is the late Gospel singer George Beverly Shea.  He was 104 years old.  He died on April 16, 2013 near Montreat, North Carolina.  He was born in Winchester Ontario, Canada.  He was a soloist for the Billy Graham Crusade for a number of years.  He was known for singing the famous gospel tunes, "How Great Thou Art",  and "I'd Rather Have Jesus" to name a few.  He was a legend.  I'd enjoyed many of his tunes.  I have a couple of gospel albums by him.  He even recorded a Christmas album several years ago. 

George Beverly Shea Dies at 104

12 of George Beverly Shea's Lesser Known Hymns



Remembering George Beverly Shea



George Beverly Shea Music Collection



I'd Rather Have Jesus (1965)

No comments:

Post a Comment