Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 23, 2012

Tis the Season

Julie Andrews "The Bells of Christmas"



Julie Andrews "The Lamb of God"



Julie Andrews "Wexford Carol"

The Christmas season is upon us once again.  Scores of shoppers are parading in the malls and retail outlets to officially begin their Christmas shopping on Black Friday.  Truthfully speaking, many people have already begun Christmas shopping before today.  Today marks the official day that Christmas shopping technically begins right before Christmas.  Many shoppers are looking for the cheapest bargains as they shop today.  I'm thankful I'm not part of that shopping crowd.  I have no desire to be a part of that shopping frenzy that takes place every year right before Christmas.   I don't mind Christmas shopping to a certain extent, but I'm not going to dive into it today.  I have no problem whatsoever with Christmas shopping nor gift giving.  The tragedy is Christmas has become so commercialized in our culture today that we've forgotten what the true meaning of Christmas is all about.  Christmas is about the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ who came to this earth to die for the sins of man.  If it wasn't for his birth, Christmas wouldn't have any significant meaning in our world.  It would be a purely pagan holiday. 

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.  I surely did.  Between now and Christmas I'll be featuring YouTube posts playing our favorite Christmas carols this time of year. I'll also be sharing thoughts from scripture concerning the birth of Christ.  I will also be writing posts about Christmas traditions as well.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day today and I hope you enjoy the Christmas season that's upon us.  Most of all, don't forget the reason why we celebrate Christmas which is Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment