Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kentucky Pro-Life Group Endorses David Williams for Governor

Kentucky Pro-Life Group Endorses David Williams for Governor LifeNews.com

Kentucky Senate President and Gubernatorial candidate David Williams endorsed by Kentucky Right to Life

Right to Life Endorses David Williams



I'm getting sick and tired of these Republican politicians always wrapping themselves around the banner of being "pro-life" when they won't do anything to solve the abortion issue.  It's a good campaign issue, but they use it to appeal to a core of voters.  In the case of Kentucky Senator David Williams, he uses the issue to appeal to a core of conservative voters in the state of Kentucky, most notably those that were supported of Louisville businessman Phil Moffett, who was defeated by Kentucky gubernatorial candidate David Williams in the May primary.  I'm sure Williams has voted right on the issue of abortion, but is he willing to place his full weight behind stemming the tide of abortions that take place in Kentucky?

First of all, I devote hardly any time studying Kentucky politics.  I should since I live in the state of Kentucky.  That's my fault there.  I'm always more interested in reading the news that revolves around Washington, D.C. and the nation as a whole.  What's even worse is I don't know much about David Williams Senate career in Kentucky.  He's held the office since 1987.  In 2000, when the state Senate turned Republican, Williams was chosen as the Senate President and has held that post ever since.  I didn't vote for Williams because of some of his dealings in the Senate.  I voted for Tea Party backed candidate Phil Moffett instead. 

I want to emphasize I'm not making light of the right to life issue.  One of the basic fundamentals of life is the right to life.  God gives life and God is the one who takes life away.  No man has the right to snuff out the life of another person.  In saying that, I'm not referring to capital punishment where a person has committed murder.  That's a totally different case in which I'm not going to expound upon in this post.  I don't knowingly vote for politicians if they're supportive of abortion.  I'm appalled at current Kentucky Steve Beshear's comments comparing pro-life activists to Timothy McVeigh in the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.  I will not vote for him in next month's gubernatorial election.

I know that abortion is not the only issue that faces Kentucky and our nation as a whole.  I'm not a single-issue candidate.  I look at the whole spectrum of issues when judging a candidate.  However, the issue of life is a fundamental issue that's not debatable.   Psalms 139:14 says that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.  We don't have the right to destroy that which God has created.  It should be common sense that abortion should never be up for debate.  I know the questions that are posed concerning rape and incest.  The answer to those questions is to place the child for adoption if the mother is unable to care for the child.  There are numerous couples waiting in line to adopt children.  There's an answer to all these hypothetical situations that are constantly being brought up. 

As I said earlier, I'm tired of Republican candidates using the pro-life plank as a campaign issue to appeal to a certain segment of voters but they have no intention of using their efforts to ending abortion.  I would have more respect for them if they would refuse to campaign on abortion then claim they're pro-life as a means to have an issue to appeal to conservative voters.  The right to life issue is more serious than just a campaign issue.  What is the value of life if it's placed in the hands of a tribunal or a doctor?  Life is worth what it is because we are created in the image of God.  God gives meaning to life.  When you remove God from the equation, then the issue of life becomes arbitrary.  The secular humanists can belittle the issue of when an unborn baby becomes a human but I say without reservation that life if worth preserving because of what God says in the Bible.  No man has the right to play God and determine when life should or shouldn't end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment