Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 25, 2010

It was for Me--Pleasant View Baptist Church Youth Choir at State Competition

YouTube - Senior High Choral Group Performing It Was For Me

This song was performed by the Pleasant View Baptist Church Youth Choir from McQuady, Kentucky.  I believe they were performing at a State Competition in Louisville.  I hope you enjoy the song.   (Isaiah 53:5-6)  "For he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." 

Why leave a heavn'ly mansion?
Why choose a simple stall?
Why wander poor and hopeless,
The king and Lord of all?
Why heal a lonely beggar?
Why cause the blind to see?
The light of all creation,
Shining there for me?

Chorus:
It was for me he cried, for me he died,
For me he shed his blood upon the tree.
It was for me he came, for me his shame;
For me, oh praise His name, it was for me.

Why stay in Olive's Garden?
Why spend the night in prayer?
Why suffer such betrayal
In anguish kneeling there?
Why leave his mother crying?
Why set Barabbas free?
The spotless lamb of Heaven
Given there for me.

Why climb that dreadful moutain?
Why suffer agony?
Why give his blood a fountain,
Spilled and broken, flowing free?
When he walked the road to Calv'ry
Gave His life so willingly,
Broken there, the rose of Sharon died for me.

Chorus:
The king who came from Heaven,
To the cry, "There is no room,"
Now must lay his weary body
In a cold and borrowed tomb.
But the grave, it would not hold Him;
Death lost its victory.
The risen Lord of glory
is living now for me.

It was for me he cried, for me he died,
For me he shed his blood upon the tree.
It was for me He came, for me His shame;
For me, oh praise His name, it was for me.

Dave Bolling

No comments:

Post a Comment