Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy First Anniversary to the Christian Worldview

Today is the first anniversary of the Christian Worldview. The Christian Worldview blog was created on Friday, June 5, 2009. The first post wasn't written until Saturday June 6, 2009. The very first post written was entitled, "Will Obama's Address to the Muslim World Help Repair U.S.-Muslim Relations?". As of this writing, this is the 269th post of the Christian Worldview. I'm very thankful for the opportunity and privilege to have this blog to document events that take place in this nation and in this world on a daily basis. Of course, this blog isn't just limited to the news or to politics. I attempt to cover a wide array of subjects such as thoughts on scripture, historical events, holidays, special events, and the list continues. I'm looking forward to covering even greater things in the future. The purpose is to present every subject that's examined from a Biblical or Christian worldview, hence the blog title. When this blog first began it bore my name as the blog title. Within a couple of weeks or so, I gave it the name you see on the blog title right now, The Christian Worldview. This title is very fitting for the theme of this blog. Every subject whether it be political, educational, historical, scientific, seasonal, or the list continues must be examined from a Christian viewpoint. I'll explain that a little later.

First of all I want to use this time to thank the person who made it possible for me to create a blog account. I want to thank my blog friend, Becky Abner for introducing me to the blogosphere world. Until I became acquainted with her, I never even knew that Blogger.com even existed. I knew there were all kinds of blogs on the website, but I wasn't familiar with personal blogging. I didn't know that anyone could create their own blog account for any reason. I enjoy writing and this blog gives me the opportunity to channel my writing abilities. I've submitted monthly articles to my local newspaper, but now I have a blog in which I can submit an article anytime I desire. When I first became acquainted with Becky, a friend at my church introduced me to her through her blogspot address. So I typed her address and I for the first time was introduced to the world of bloggers. It didn't take me but a couple of weeks to know what direction to head with my writing. I'm very grateful for that. I owe you a debt of gratitude for the opportunity to create this blogspot, Becky. Thank you. She also is one of my followers as well.

Below the blog title is the blog description. It has a quote from the late Francis Schaeffer. I've used this quote from him because he's been instrumental in my thinking about education and politics years ago. I first became acquainted with the works of Francis Schaeffer through a book I read by an attorney named John Whitehead, from the Rutherford Institute. Back in 1992, I read a book from Whitehead entitled, "The Second American Revolution." It was an eye-opening book concerning the plight of this country. In reading it, I read some quotes from the late Francis Schaeffer. I saw in the back of the book a couple of books authored by Schaeffer so I checked them out at the local library. I couldn't put the books down. Since that time, I've read almost every book that Schaeffer wrote. Two of my favorites from Schaeffer are "How Then Should We Live" and "Whatever Happened to the Human Race?" (co-authored with C. Everett Koop). Schaeffer spoke often about a Christian worldview. He explained that everybody has a worldview regardless whether it's Christian or humanistic. So I took his title to apply it to everything I write about. Whenever I write essays, I title it, "The Christian Worldview." Nevertheless, it made sense for me to use that title for this blog. Schaeffer believed that the Lordship of Christ should be extended to every aspect of a person's life. He believed the Lordship of Christ should be extended to the arts, sciences, politics, education, the environment, and the list continues. He had a great influence on my thinking on culture and the world at large. I didn't agree with all his viewpoints when it came to doctrine. He's a Presbyterian and I'm a Baptist. But I concurred with him on the major themes revolving around Christianity influencing culture. It's changed my thinking.

On June 5, 2004, the late president Ronald Reagan passed away. I was thinking about how to commemorate the first year anniversary of the Christian Worldview. I'm going to pay tribute to the late Ronald Reagan by posting three different speeches he gave in his lifetime. The first one is a speech he presented over television promoting the Goldwater-Miller campaign. It's entitled, "A Time for Choosing." He broadcasted this speech on October 27, 1964. I'm also going to present his farewell address. That was a speech about inculcating patriotism into America's children. I'm also considering posting his first inaugural address. I will post YouTube clips on each of the three speeches that he presented and then give a description of the speeches. Reagan was known as the "Great Communicator." He gave moving speeches. There are many speeches I could present, but I'm only going to select three to post in commemoration of the first year anniversary of this blog. Reagan was the best president in my lifetime as far as I'm concerned. He did make mistakes in some areas, but he was the last president who was profound about his love and the greatness of America. He promoted this great country every time he gave a speech. That's something that's greatly lacking today. We need someone rising from the ranks that will once again promote the greatness of America instead of always denigrating us like our present leaders are doing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment