Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to Everyone!

I want to extend this opportunity to wish all the bloggers, blog readers, my blog friend Becky Abner and everyone in America a very Merry Christmas! Today is one of the rare days where almost every type of store and business is closed except some of the most necessary ones. I'm thankful for the opportunity we have to visit family and friends on this day. It's a blessing to live in America and for the freedoms we enjoy immensely. I enjoy the opportunity to sit down at the table to a wonderful home-cooked meal prepared by the ladies and enjoy the delicious meal set before me. I enjoy the opportunity we have to sit by the fireplace and exchange presents with family and friends. I enjoy all the beautiful Christmas music that's played this time of the year. I enjoy the Christmas tree and all the beautiful decorations that adorn our homes both internally and externally. I'm thankful for all the Christmas perks that I receive at work such as a nice Christmas dinner as well as a Wal-Mart gift card. God has indeed been good to us. We've been blessed beyond measure materially, physically, emotionally, etc. I'm thankful for all the family and friends the Lord's allowed me to have.

Most of all I'm thankful for the reason why we celebrate this Christmas season: JESUS. I'm thankful that Jesus left the splendor of Heaven to come down unto this earth to die for sinful, lowly man. I'm thankful that Jesus was willing to leave the very best in Heaven and come to this earth for a short period of time to be born in a manger, to live in this world for a short while, and to die on a cruel cross for my sins and all the sins of mankind. I'm thankful Jesus was willing to experience the temptations of man and also was willing to face scorn and ridicule. I'm thankful we have a saviour who can be touched with the feelings of our infirmities. I'm thankful for the gift of salvation that's been freely extended to man. I'm thankful for the opportunity we have to serve the Lord in this nation and as of yet we don't have to meet underground to attend church. I'm thankful for the church that I attend and the opportunities the Lord has given to serve. I'm thankful for all the brethren that attend Pleasant View. I was remembering today how good the Lord's been to me throughout my life. I will admit I've taken it for granted a number of times. I'm thankful the Lord's been great to me in spite of myself. The Lord's goodness should compel us to want to live for him and serve him. It should cause us to desire to be merciful and compassionate toward the world when God was merciful to us when it was the most undeserved on our part.

Psalms 103:1 says, "Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name." Thank you Lord for being good to us. Another year will soon draw to a close. 2010 will soon be upon us. It's hard to believe not only will be beginning another year but another decade. Time flies by so quickly. I know over the years I've wasted a lot of time which could've been productive. This would be a great time to start the new year using our time wisely accomplishing something productive. Life is short. We'll never accomplishing something sitting on our stool of do-nothing. Time wasted is time lost. It can never be regained. One of our goals for next year should be to more efficient with our time and to accomplish great things with our time! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment