Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Statute of Liberty

Verse 1:
In New York Harbor stands a lady
With her torch raised to the sky
And all who see her know she stands for
Liberty for you and me
Chorus 1:
I'm so glad to be called an American
To be named with the brave and the free
I will honor our flag and our trust in God
And the statute of liberty
Verse 2:
On lonely Golgatha stood a cross
With our Lord raised to the sky
And all who kneel there live forever
As all the saints hath testified
Chorus 2:
I'm so glad to be called a Christian
To be named with the ransomed and whole
As the statute liberates the citizen
So the cross liberates the soul
Oh the cross is my statute of liberty
It was there that my soul was set free
Unashamed I'll proclaim that a rugged cross
Is my statute of liberty

No comments:

Post a Comment